We have mentioned in our previous blog posts the importance of keeping the air inside your home clean and purified. According to experts, just one cubic foot of air can have more than 30 million pollutants including dust, mold spores, and allergens. Breathing in these irritants can make you sick, especially in children and the elderly. They can also trigger asthma, allergies and a variety of different respiratory problems. As an HVAC company, we understand how critical having clean air inside the home is, which is why we use air purifying products made by AprilAire.
Before we discuss how you can purify your indoor air, we want to explain why you should. The experts at AprilAire have done extensive research and come up with 8 basic benefits of having clean indoor air:
- Reduce illness – Removing airborne contaminants from the home allows you and your family to breathe easily.
- Eliminate pests – Pests thrive in homes with dust, dirt, and mold, which can be resolved with improved indoor air quality.
- Alleviate allergies – By removing allergies from your home, your entire household will breathe better and not suffer as much from seasonal allergies.
- Make your home more pet friendly – All pets produce dander, meaning there are no hypoallergenic pets. But with a purified home, most all dander and pet debris will be removed from the air.
- Better sleep – Because your indoor air is clean and purified, you will no longer be affected by the sneezing, and will get better sleep.
- Energy efficiency – Managing humidity in the summer or winter can drastically reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Increase home value – A healthy home is less likely to be damaged by pests or humidity, and may increase property value.
- Lower stress levels – In addition to better health, sleep, and energy efficiency, a healthy home requires less cleaning time. And less cleaning means less stress.
AprilAire offers a variety of products that will improve the quality of your indoor air:
In Texas, we understand that humidity is something we will always have to live with. But did you know that humidity can cause damage to your home?
AprilAire whole-house humidifiers balance your home’s humidity to help improve sleep and skin, enhance productivity, and keep you protected against airborne viruses. Additionally, AprilAire humidifiers help preserve your home from cracking and warping due to low humidity levels.
If your home is full of humidity, then the air is moist. And moist air is the perfect breeding ground for mold and fungus. AprilAire dehumidifiers balance your home’s humidity by reducing mold- and mildew-causing moisture, keeping you protected against the harmful effects of allergy and asthma symptoms.
AprilAire offers a number of different thermostats that are compatible with a wide range of heating and cooling systems. Each different thermostat allows you to control and adjust your air’s purity, humidity, and freshness as well as temperature. You can also control this system from your smartphone. This gives you the ability to have greater control over the amount of energy you are using, and will cause your monthly bills to go down.
Radon Test and Mitigation Fan
Radon is an odorless, invisible, radioactive gas naturally released from rocks, soil, and water. Radon can get into homes and buildings through small cracks or holes and build up in the air. Radon is the #1 cause of lung cancer in nonsmokers and the only way to know if you’re being exposed in your home is to test.
To mitigate the effects of radon, AprilAire Radon control professionals can install products designed to redirect harmful radon gas out and away from your home.
A major problem that homeowners face is when certain rooms or areas of the home do not cool or heat as well as they should, causing different spaces to be different temperatures. By using AprilAire zoning control devices, you can control the temperature in different parts of the house, independent of the temperature in other rooms or zones. This not only gives you more control over the temperature in your home, it also lowers your energy consumption which saves you money.
If you think AprilAire products are right for your home or have any questions, give the experts at JW East Mechanical a call!